FO: Traveling woman shawl

Never having seen lace weight cotton in a very subtle semi-solid, I picked up a single skein of Araucania Lonco Solid during a trip to the DC area a couple of years ago. It marinated in my stash, 440 yards, enough to work a small project with a nice weight to it - a summer shawl.

DSC03365

Naturally I started it in the spring of 2011, worked on The Traveling Woman shawl during the plane travel on a trip to Belize, then let it sit for some months while I didn't do much summer knitting at all. I managed to finish it in October (it really is a fast and satisfying knit), and then wasn't able to download photos from my camera for a month or two. The colour is more accurate here:

Traveling woman shawl

But unfortunately I don't have a great shot of the whole thing. It is a nice drapey heavy sort of summery shawl. I like it.

Comments