WIPs: pink socks / red mittens!

Gosh, you'd think it was Valentine's day or something.

This will be quick because I need to relax this evening but I've been meaning to tell you, I started a new pair of socks! (er, two weeks ago-ish?)

150_5020

Size 0 dpns, and I've put aside the other toe-up sock after I snapped my needle. The yarn might be cursed, I'm not sure. But this yarn is some that I got half price from Michaels, Paton's Stretch Socks in "sugar".

150_5019

And also, last week I started a new pair of mittens!

150_5037

That's just the first cuff, same Ella Rae wool as I used for my minimalist cardigan, on size 4 needles. I'm knitting this using the magic loop method. I love the cuff pattern, it's a simple slip/cable ribbing. I've nearly finished the first mitt now but don't have a picture yet. I started the second mitten...yesterday? The pattern is Jack-in-the-box mittens (Ravelry link). It's from Knitting New Mittens and Gloves. So great.

I knew I needed to knit a new pair of mitts when my current pair - flip top gloves I picked up several years ago in Japan and my absolute favorites - developed three holes in about a week in the right-hand gloves. It's like it just suddenly decided to disintegrate. So I'm working on replacing - before winter ends!

Bye for now!

Comments

Post a Comment