FO: Hemlock Ring Blanket

Earlier this week I finally finished the edging on the Hemlock Ring blanket. It didn't turn out quite like I'd expected - even though I washed and blocked it and it is nice and natural and sheepy, it is not as lovely and flat as Brooklyn Tweed's. I did more increases than the one he knit, and also used a slightly smaller needle and just slightly finer yarn compared to Eco-Wool.

In any case, it was a long term project and I'm glad it is wrapped up! It looks like I will be delivering it tomorrow to be given as a wedding gift - a belated one.

148_4836

148_4831

6 skeins at 220 yards each of natural Lismore Sheep Farm all natural wool, not dyed, just plain dark brown heathered wool. The blanket comes out at about 45 inches across, a nice size for the back of a couch or for a very warm lap. Good stuff!

Comments

Post a Comment