Noro Kureyon triangle scarf

I knit this scarf in Colorado in the winter 2002-2003 at some point. I was inspired by a knitting magazine I flipped through while hanging out at Denver's awesome Tattered Cover bookstore.

That was my first time playing with short rows, here you make three narrow triangles next to each other and then switch directions to pivot the direction of the scarf.

You can see a fold in the knitting--the scarf is about 8-9 inches wide and very thick, as you'll know if you know Noro Kureyon, so I wore it sort of folded in half. The winter following, when I was at Durham doing my MA, I wore it every time I left my room as it went so well with my denim peacoat, showing a different chunk of color every time I put it on, and sitting up stiffly to cover my chin and fend off the damp British wind. A definite favorite. Sadly it was left behind last year while I was in Japan (and the previous winter, spent mostly in Oakland CA, where it would not have been needed) but this winter, hooray! It was unearthed and has been transported to Oslo where I have been wearing it quite a lot as most of the colors go well enough with my current pea-green duffel coat. It still looks awesome--its photo was not taken till January 07 even though it's three years young.

Comments