WIP: Clementine Shawlette

Before the holidays I felt the need to be knitting something soft, preferably in a heavyweight sort of lace, something that I could eventually learn to knit without looking at the chart, something I already had the yarn for, something like...

The Clementine Shawlette from the Spring 2007 issue of Interweave Knits.

DSC02763

Almost two years ago I picked up 4 skeins of a light grey alpaca, thinking of a wrap of some sort. It's almost a sport weight, so I've ended up knitting this on size 2 needles, which seems ridiculous. I always need to go down about two needle sizes, but this is excessive - to be fair I am using a thinner yarn. I haven't quite gotten to the point in the chart where you just stay with the same width and repeat for however long you want it to be - it is still possible that I'll decide this just isn't going to be a substantial enough piece and rip it out. Undecided.

Comments