WIP roundup

I've been on a total finishing kick, which has been exhilarating. I also have two large projects that are getting very close to being finished.

DSC01540

Rosamund's Cardigan. As I mentioned before, I am going to try to modify this by knitting a length of the reversible triple cable and attaching it at the bottom hem for a thicker finished edge, and a nice design feature around the bottom of the body. I'm currently trying to decide whether to knit it separately or to knit it on as I go. I've done some measuring... and more stalling.

Then we have Bridgewater:

DSC01539

I only have two rows of the lace repeat remaining after working a few rounds over the weekend. It takes a really long time to get around, but it's so easy to read this lace, I love it. I almost never have to tink back because everything lines up so nicely. I'm fairly sure I won't have enough yarn left to work the second knitted on edging, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'll definitely be finished the horseshoe lace chart very soon.

And you know a girl needs a more mindless, steady sort of pattern to take along when she goes places where conversation is happening alongside the knitting ;) Last summer I started the #13 Drop Stitch Scarf from Vogue Knitting, while traveling down the east coast. I used a great skein of Noro Kureyon Sock I picked up in the Denver area last Christmas. Charcoal, lavender, purple, olive, green, fuchsia.

I wasn't too impressed with how it was coming out, so I finally frogged it to start the Lazy Day Shawl. I don't even have a decent picture of the Drop St Scarf. But here is the LDS:

DSC01526

I think the yarn is going to be a good match for this pattern, though no one else has used it yet. And that's the rainy Monday morning WIP roundup! Have a good one.

Comments

  1. i don't wish this upon you, but i think you may have just tempted the knitting gods... "never have to tink back". ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment