Today's knitting is brought to you by the letter "Q"

I spent the weekend in Philadelphia having a fabulous time with Beigeberry and the Urban Groundhog. There was much knitting and also the visiting of two lovely yarn shops, but I resisted! And did not purchase. Yay, me.

Before I went I started a couple of projects in a flurry of not-knowing-what-to-take-for-travel-knitting excitement! And it occurred to me later that the two things I started back to back were both patterns starting with the letter Q. What are the odds, I ask you?

I started Brooklyn Tweed's lovely Quincy (not much to look at right now but the construction is so clever and I'm loving it!):

DSC00859

This is Lana Gatto wool in burgundy, picked up half price at Tangled Skeins. I'm using it double stranded, and pretty much got gauge when I swatched and washed, on 6 mm needles (size 10).

DSC00858

And also Quimper from Knitting in the Sun. I will have a better photo tomorrow - if it is not gray and rainy again like today.

DSC00860

This is knit on 3 mm needles (my gauge is out of control - full stop) in Elann Luna in Polished Ebony. It is looking lovely now that I have a bit more of the shoulders going on and the charted pattern is developing. It's actually making quick progress and it will be super quick once I get past the sleeves. A perfect layering piece for cooler weather and holiday dresses, I think.

Comments

  1. You didn't even get a souvenir skein? I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how was philly and the newly married couple?

    yay for new knits! i will no longer be monogamous as well as i need to make my halloween costume...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment