Sunday, May 10, 2009

WIP: Drops cardigan progress

It's so hard to see because the needle is not truly long enough and the whole thing is scrunched up, but the yarn is so pretty:

DSC00038

I've just finished the waist decreases and get to knit straight for a little bit, then do some increases. It's nice to be knitting something simple, and I finally got the edge to look the way I wanted - and I wasn't even afraid of dropping the edge stitch and picking it back up again so that it was twisted the way I wanted - I'd slipped the first stitch of each row so that it would look nice and tidy after I was so happy with my February Lady Sweater and the garter button band border.

DSC00037

It's so exciting to be knitting something in a fine gauge that should be useful at times of year other than the depths of winter. And the yarn is so nice to work with!

1 comment:

  1. Simple knits can be so gratifying. I'm coming to love them in a way I never thought I'd like stockinette... And I love the colors in the yarn too!

    ReplyDelete