WIP weekend















I finally ran in the ends of my 'so called sash' and took pictures today--the most glorious day of the summer so far.

Turns out my 'sash' looks a lot cooler draped around my neck than my hips, possible sort of doubled and looped through itself although it looks a little like a necktie then--what with the angled ends and all. Still. I'm very happy with the silky drapiness of the bamboo yarn. Just realized again today the colorway is called 'Japanese maple'. Which is nice :)

Here is a close up of the textured herringbone stitch. I will definitely use this again!!

















And here is a little extra piece of fun: my first skein of Yarn Pirate sock yarn. No, I don't knit socks. Yes, I will find something else to use my beauteous skein of 'rum runner' for. It was a surprise colorway and I was very happy when it arrived on my doorstep.















There is more yarn on its way so today I have been knitting quite a lot, trying to make a good start on Badia, which I am knitting with my recycled Knitpicks shine sport in turquoise, which was a Kyoto in a past life. There is also a mystery vest OTN and I am thinking of working on short row techniques with CK using 6 skeins of wintergreen Mission Falls cotton I bought with a tank top in mind, and we'll do the Shapely Tank.

Finishing up some Wuthering Heights movie action tonight - with Juliette Binoche and Ralph Fiennes. Funny how many versions there are, isn't it! I've managed to eschew starting the new HP today though I'm sure many accosted their mailmen to get their copies and get started! I'm in the middle of knitting projects and also a decent Murakami (Sputnik Sweetheart) so I was in no rush! have a lovely evening, folks!

Comments