Dream swatch in purple, Intolerable Cruelty in lipstick!

WIPs from last weekend...we left for Quebec City for the holiday weekend shortly thereafter, therefore pictures only forthcoming now!

This is the Dream swatch head wrap in purply purple cotton of purpleness...and when I first started I thought I might combine a strand of finer softer slightly less purple and more blue cotton as well in stripey goodness but later on I decided against it, so this is how it used to look:

And it's quite a bit further along now, sans lighter purple bits, but very cool and going to be long enough to be either a belt for a particularly colorful friend whose bday approaches, or a head wrap as I will suggest to her. It'll need strong blocking as it rolls like crazy but it is a very fun little knit. Also the cotton is quite thick and sturdy but I think that won't be a drawback to wearing it once it's stretched out a bit and not rolling so much. I'll try to finish it up soon and send it before long as it'll go international...

And here's the latest project for me, in birthday bamboo though my bday isn't till August... might have twisted a parental arm on this one:
I just measured it again, it's 19 inches long now (not in the picture!) and supposed to be 20 before I start the ruffle. Yes, it's the Intolerable Cruelty pattern from Knitty... and here we have the panel where the sexy ribbon will go--when I find a suitable one...
It's in Halcyon yarns bamboo, new this season I think, which I love love love. It's so soft and drape-y and gorgeous. It's going to be finished before I know it (I say that now, but my wrists are a little ache-y after listening to two Lime and Violet podcasts in a row (I was catching up from February-ish) and cranking out a couple of decrease repeats--every 18 rows with 7 rows to the inch ouch.

Pretty!

I should have fiddled with the colors of these pieces before posting but... I'm not so good at taking the time to even post so that's that.

A few weeks ago, before the bamboo arrived in the mail, I had started Latoya from Berocco, in Knitpicks shine cotton leftover from the Kyoto I knit most of while finishing up in Japan last summer. The Kyoto turned out shapeless and not well fitting --my first big seaming job and believe me, I learned a lot! --and I've been thinking about ripping it out. First I started with the leftover cotton though...
Close up of the interesting asymmetrical hem. And you may notice that there are no needles or cable attached to this piece. Well, my bamboo had arrived and I had pretty much decided this cotton will have to turn into a Saturday Market bag or something where shape is not important in order to redeem itself. Because I do like the color. I have some in 'river' also which could accent a nice lacy bag thing.

And I quickly realized that the needles were too big to make a nice fabric for the top, plus I have curves that are not friendly to loosely knitted fabrics. I think this cotton is just too stretch for a cotton--it is part modal if I remember correctly--yes. I just checked.

One last picture:

of the only semi-organized part of my stash--my cotton collection. for the most part. well taken care of in a neat plastic tub. everything else--old acrylic from my first afghans, cotton thread for crocheting doilies which never got finished or else little stars for the Christmas tree that never got finished--is stored in plastic bags and in a plastic hamper that is truly horrid in my little crafty closet. someday it'll all be organized....

Thunderstorm! Third night in a row! Going to shut down my computer and be safe as I think it has overheated from all the L&V yarn pr*n!!

Comments