Friday, March 29, 2013

FO: Borough

Yeah, I finished these Boroughs in time for them to get good use this winter, but didn't download the photos until today. Do you find, if you have a smartphone, that you use that for all your picture taking and leave your poor digital point and shoot to collect dust?

I do.


These came out great. I used manly yarn gifted from Beigeberry that she picked up at Rhinebeck a few years ago, Silver Moon Farm DK superwash in Sedate.


After the cuffs were finished I found that I needed to knit the flip top sections a couple of inches longer than called for. I was able to try the mitts on the intended recipient as I went along, so that worked out fine, but if I had knit them as written they would have been too short for the fingers.



My Ravelry notes indicate how I proceeded when I determined that the palm should have a bit more protection when the flip tops are pulled back:

"Thumbs are finished but I’ve decided this is going to work better with a bit of a pick up and knit ribbed section to cover the gap between palm and fingers where the flip top connects. Just picked up 40 sts on first go around, then added in kfb 8 times, spaced across the front starting a 2x2 rib to get back up to 48 stitches."


Gap covered, ends run in, happy warm hands for the big guy of the house.